Visa Types in Thailand

Attorney of Civil case Criminal law case Family Law case Heritage case Criminal Law case Administrative case Taxes Law case

Get Started With Us Today

Just scan or send the fax your passport every pages and We can advise you what you need to do for the next step.

Thailand's Visa Information



This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes :

– to travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category “TS”)

– to participate in sports activities (sports men,sportswomen,etc.)(category “S”)

***Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month,Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them

– the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port , station or area in the Kingdom (category “C”)



Any foreigner who is planing on coming to Thailand on holiday for a longer period longer than 30 days would be best advised to visit the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in his or her home country to apply for a Thai tourist visa. Note that this Thai visa is only valid for a period of 60 days once you enter Thailand. The Tourist Visa application can be done in your home country either by mail or in person if you are not to far away. Note that the Thai visa processing normally takes about two business days. This however depends on the embassy.

Note that the double entry tourist visa is also an option so decide before if you will need this type of visa. The Thai embassies have become very strict about visa abuse so not all Thai embassies may issue a double entry visa. The double entry tourist visa does save you the time of applying for a re-entry permit  when you leave Thailand and wish to return. The visa also provides you with a much longer period of stay in Thailand which is 120 days with a visa run between the two visas.

Tourist Visa Extension

The extension for the tourist visa is normally for a period of 30 days on its first extension. Looking at the tourist visa you will note that a single entry Thai tourist visa with an extension of 30 days allows a foreigner a full 90-day stay in Thailand. On the other hand a double entry Thai tourist visa can provide the holder of the tourist visa a total of 180-day stay in total with a visa run. The visa extensions are done at the Thai Immigration Office anywhere in Thailand. 

Thai Visa Options

If you are looking at retirement in Thailand then consider obtaining a Retirement Visa for Thailand or if you are married to a Thai national and you have registered your marriage in Thailand then take the marriage certificate to the Thai Embassy and apply for a Thailand Marriage Visa. Note that both visas are a 2 step process. The first process is obtaining the visa from the Embassy which most times would be a 3 month or 90 day visa. This then has to be extended in Thailand. Most expats use an attorney for this as the red tape at times can become complicated and confusing. See the full visa listing here.



This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

– to perform official duties (Category “F”)

– to conduct business / to work (Category “B”)

– to invest with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries and Government Departments concerned(Category “IM”)

– to invest or perform other activities relating to investment , subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion (Category “IB”)

– to study, to come on work study tour or observation tour , to participate in projects or seminars, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a foreign Buddhist monk(Category “ED”)

– to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter (Category “M”)

– to perform missionary work or other religous activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned (Category “R”)

– to conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute (Category “RS”)

– to undertake skilled work or to work as an expert or specialist (Category “EX”)

– other activities (Category “O”) as follows: to stay with the family, to perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.


Thai Embassies and Consulates-General mey grant visas to diplomatic or official passport-holders who wish to assume duties at a foreign Diplomatic Mission or Consulate or Internation Organization in the Kingdom and to thair family members.

– Supporting documents are Note Verbal and / or documents issued by the foreign government or international organization, certifying the identity of the person concerned and his/her purposes while residing in the Kingdom.